BLS/CPR Technical Requirements
HeartCode® System Requirements:
- Connection speed should match the requirements for use of the HealthStream Learning Center™, as specified in the HealthStream Technical Specifications document.
- The Windows-based hardware (PC) used for student access must have Internet access to reach the HealthStream Learning Center (HLC) or HeartCode® courseware through a Connect integration in order to launch the HeartCode® courseware.
- The HeartCode® ACLS/BLS Parts 2 and 3 courses require installation of hardware drivers on the PC that students will use to perform the skills course.
- HeartCode® PALS requires a local installation of a driver on any PC that will access the PALS Part 1 courseware. This local install is prompted upon running the course if the driver is not detected. The downloaded file contains an NSIS installer comprised of a Wise installer and an Adobe Flash Player redistributable installer. The Wise installer installs the PALS program (c++) as an Active X component, and Flash Player 10 if Flash Player 9.0.123 or higher is not found.
- A USB port or serial port is required for use of the Adult Manikin.
Upon successful completion of all components of this program, Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, you will receive the American Heart Association® (AHA) BLS course completion card in the mail, valid for two years. You must complete all 3 parts within sixty (60) days. If you do not do so you will have to reregister for the course.
Part 1 is to be completed online. Upon successful completion of the online portion, including the written exam, you will receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be presented for parts 2 and 3.
Parts 2 & 3 (skills portion) Part 2, a hands-on skills practice session using a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system or with an AHA BLS Instructor. Part 3, using a VAM system a skills test or with our AHA BLS Instructor. It is recommended that Part 2 & Part 3 be done during the same session and can be completed any time during our operating hours 9am -9pm Monday- Thursday or Friday & Saturday 9am- 6pm. Call 914-358-9910 to schedule an your part 2 & part 3 session.
Call now to register for Parts 1, 2 & 3 – $70.00
We accept all major Credit Cards.
For information or to register for Part 1 only please call 914.358.9910 for payment and log in information.
For information or to register for Part 2 and Part 3 only please call 914.358.9910 to schedule your skills portion.
Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch shortly!